Wednesday, February 27, 2013

... And she stored all this up in her heart

I have a list... It's ideas I'd like to blog about... When I have the time to sit & write a blog... But this isn't off my list...

I'm typing this on my phone with one thumb because my arms are super full... Almost as full as my heart...

My twin-ish boys are both sleeping in my arms right now... They were sleepy & cuddley but it was too late for a real nap... So we're rocking... Theo with his crossed eyes slightly open & Maverick with the bumble bee nuk (which used to be Hannah's)... Just a trio of rock stars... There was even some off-key lyric spinning as they calmed down... Compliments of their pink-haired mamma...

On three different occasions today I had Mic in my arms... Not just a hug... But a full on "hold-you-me"... And in the middle of his preschool class he said to me "mamma I love when you hold-you-me"... And my heart was more full than my arms that held my giant 5 year old... & I thanked Jesus that today he still said "hold-you-me"... Because tomorrow comes quickly...

As if to prove that I woke up to a daughter wearing lipstick... She had on a stained up undershirt & "jeggings" with holes in the knee from crawling on the carpet so much & a string of beads & a bracelet... She was getting the bowls down from the high shelf & she turned to me with her lips painted bright red... And I smiled & told her how beautiful she looked... Because I tell her everyday... Because I think it everyday... & I saved the "you're not old enough" talk for a day when the lip color she chooses will last thru her bowl of LIFE cereal... & I was glad that she took my suggestion of adding a little tunic to complete her ensemble... For today...

I often pray that like Mary, God might enable me to store all these things up in my heart... Because we were created for eternity... So there's something sad amidst the passing of our daily magical moments... Our hearts cry to hold them as we celebrate the coming of the next... Like the way I marvel at the boys creeping & squirming all over the floor but also feel the sad reality that they are growing so quickly...

I don't want to miss these moments in the futile mourning of my inability to capture them... So I choose celebration in the amazing moments & I choose trust in the difficult moments... Because while all moments are fleeting they are impacting our hearts... And their impressions are deep...




No comments:

Post a Comment